Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Mcdonalds

Alright so I have started the process of what is called PDF. Or parent directed feedings. Instead of feeding dakota whenever she tells me she's hungry, I have come up with a schedule for her to get used to so my days are more predictable and so that she will sleep through the night. It's all talked about in a book called babywise. Basicly at her age she needs to eat about 4 times a day at least every four hours then I make the schedule to fit her needs based on the routine of Feed/Waketime/Sleeptime. It really is good. And I can already tell a difference in Dakota's countenance. She hasn't been crying as much or as fussy. I've just started letting her cry back to sleep when she wakes at night. And she's woke up happy and not crying. I think this will work. It was hard to hear her cry but I know she needs to learn to relax herself to sleep through the night. (Which will be better for the whole family.)

Brent is taking finals this week and is studying a lot. I can't wait for them to be over and for Christmas to come. He also gave a talk on sunday and did a great job, telling stories about service and leaving a good message.

Monday night was crazy. Kids were cranky, Brent was studying. And by the time I had a minute to say "let's have FHE" the kids were in bed and brent was studying, so simply it didn't happen. But tuesday night, we took the girls to Mcdonalds and let Cloe play in the playplace. She had a blast and it was even a good family activity. No one else was there so, I got in with her and then Dakota even got to go down the slide a couple of times. It was a fun night.

2 comments:

Brenny said...

I'm glad babywise is working for you and Dakota! My sister Robin swears by it. My sister Jacqui used The Baby Whisperer with her first and it helped. How lucky am I that all these great moms are around to share their secrets with me!

Trish said...

That's really interesting about Babywise. If I ever have another baby like Jordan I am definately going to try something different. :o)