Tuesday, November 13, 2007

FHE


Hey i thought I would share what our family does for Family Home Evening maybe to share ideas. :) Last night we watched a movie and our lesson was based out of a New Era Article called More or Less. It talked about Buying less but trying to achieve more spiritual growth. Sometimes more is less and less is more. :) Oh yeah, and we had No bakes for a treat.

4 comments:

Trish said...

Good idea! We've been doing a lot of stories from the Friend since Abby and Brinly have finally gotten into that. Also, I made a flannel board and a few stories. Abby and Brinly love those.

LindsC said...

Did you have a pattern for your flannel board or did you just make them up? :) Ummm Oh yeah and I was going to ask you what size of squares you usually do your rag quilts? Also, do you make lap blaket sizes, twin, queen, or king, or all kinds of sizes? Anyway I'd like to try some bigger, once I get better at them, I also like the row ones that you did for dakota. Those are probablly way faster, uh?

Trish said...

The row ones are faster for baby quilts, but they're still only 4 inch strips. That makes them a little harder, but still pretty fast. I also made some strip ones without batting. I actually like that better. They are super fast. I've made a bunch of different sizes. 8 inch squares are definately the easiest to work with. I did some throws that basically covered the top of a queen bed but weren't queen sized if that makes sense. I used 6 inch squares and don't plan on doing that again. It took forever! The place I got the flannel board stories at is http://www.dltk-kids.com/type/felt_board.htm. For some reason they wouldn't print out from the site, so I had to save each image and insert it in a word document. They are really cute too.

LindsC said...

Thanks trish that is a great website I will have to work on those some tmie. :) When you make the 8 inch square ones how big do you make your seems? And how many squares across go on a queen size?