Wednesday, May 20, 2009

T-Shirts

My Birthday was Monday and my Mom gave me my T-Shirt Quilt. I love it! It is a quilt she made with a lot of the T-shirts I got from doing things growing up. It's really neat. Thanks Mom!!!

Also, for my Birthday my friends Jen and Tina got lunch and a Birthday Cake for me to celebrate it was so sweet.

Here are some of the shirts and events featured on my Quilt:
  • Casper Children's Chorale...I was in this children's choir for three years we did lots of traveling and concerts it was a really good experience.
  • Girls Scout Camp...My favorite part about camp was riding horses and spending time with friends...I love the firesides too and all the camp singing
  • Girls Camp for church...This is one of the times when I grew really close to the gospel and gained my own testimony. Being with so many good people who love you, learning, having fun and growing together is still a special time for me. I love girls camp I would go every year if I could.
  • Soccer...I love Soccer. Every year when spring comes it reminds me of going out on the field and playing. I love spring and it's partly because of soccer season. I wasn't the best player ever but I was always good entertainment. Especially when I was being teased for being on the ground more than I was on my feet. But I'd surprise people a lot too. I was fast so I could wear people down and I've been known to take down even some of the best male players when I'm in the zone. Of course I could also say that I wasn't always a clean player, sometimes a bit of a hacker. I remember a lot of fun on the sidelines cheering and giggling too. :)
  • Intramural sports...In college I played Flag Football and I was the best player on my team. Which tells you a lot about the rest of my team. :) But it was really fun I met some great friends there. In fact it was flag football that got me into college and out of Homesickness. :) I also did bowling and Basketball. I had to talk Brent into making a Co-ed team so that I could play. I knew he didn't want to because he didn't think I'd be any good. But he did and he was pleasantly surprised.
  • Kid PJ's...There is a piece of one of my Pajamas that I had as a kid. This is probably one of my favorite squares. I loved those jammies and I still do. :)
  • Natural Helpers and Do Something... I won an award for being fifth in the nation for doing good deeds. Of course I think it's kind of contradictory because you had to record your good deeds and I feel like most good deeds should be hidden anyway. And Natural Helpers was a program in which you learned to help your peers.
  • Alaska...My Grandma took me to Alaska for a trip when I graduated High school. It was so neat to go there and see especially the mountains which our huge. Go on a train trip, and cruise to see glaciers, and a gondela ride to the top of a ski area. The Glaciers even broke when I was there, very cool. Don't worry I had plenty of dramamine.
  • Poms and Dance...Which I didn't do much of while I was in High school because I had to take Drivers Ed which was in the same time slot. But in College I started lot's of Dance; I got my Degree in it, Went to the American College Dance Festival in Washington, was on the Calvary Dance team, and I've taught lot's of Dance.
  • Got Caught Red Handed...When I worked for McDonald's a secret shopper came to my line and apparently I asked her if she wanted to Super size so I got a prize I don't remember what all I got but I know I got a T-shirt. (I worked in to many fast food places.)
  • Kelly Walsh Choir...I was in several choirs and traveled to lots of places and events.
  • Missoula Children's Theatre...I was a Winkie in the Wizard of Oz. I was also in a lot of plays in Jr. High and High School. Never any leads but I had fun doing them.
  • Hershey Track...I was a Finalist in the State Track meat for the Long Jump. I know me and my shortness, you wouldn't have guessed it.
  • Brittany Spears...I took a trip to Florida to visit my friend Heidi we got to see Brittany Spears in concert, we had a blast. Even though I'm not obsessed with Brittany anymore I must say I still enjoy a good Brittany song.
  • D.A.R.E...I graduated from the D.A.R.E. program, we had a really cute officer. The most fun I had with D.A.R.E. was all the songs that our teachers made up and had us sing. Heidi and I made up a hand jig to go with one of the songs too.
  • Wyoming Cowboy State Games...I did Rock Climbing for the state games. One year I received Silver and the Next I received the Gold. There wasn't much competition but it still felt good to win.
  • Bob Worrell...My Grandpa Bob walked across the United States from Texas to the great lakes and he gave me a shirt with a picture from his journey. I think he's a good example of, "If you stick your mind to it, you can do it."
  • Utah, Snowboard...This Shirt was a souvenir from a trip I took to Utah with choir. It reminds me of the fun I have going down the slopes though and that Brent and I honeymoon was in Utah spent Snowboarding.
  • I Heart Firemen...They Save lives...Why else!?! :)

2 comments:

LeeAnn said...

It was so good to see you! I hope your birthday was great! I love you!

Brenny said...

Happy Birthday! So many fun memories. I wish I'd done that with all of my old t-shirts instead of tossing them...