
We have been busy getting ready for the holidays. For the first time that I remember in my life we went up the mountain and cut down our own
Christmas tree. It was so much fun! The years past we just thought it would be too much work with young kids. This year we bit the bullet and just did it and we even had more young kids and it really was a great time. I was sad that I also forgot my camera on this
excursion. We found a spot to get out of the car and walk through some trees we got out and we headed towards the trees and the snow just kept getting deeper and deeper it was so cute to watch the kids trek through the snow, I can't believe that Cloe did it all be herself and Dakota got a little help from Dad. I held Paige and finally the saw after dad gave it to Cloe. But she did hold it for awhile trudging through the snow. We walked through the trees where the snow wasn't quite so deep. We found a few trees that could have worked but then the clouds opened up and the sun shown down on our tree. "Hallelujah, Hallelujah!" It was an awesome Hallelujah moment. We walked over to it and Brent started to saw it and then he stepped on it to get it the rest of the way down. Then we had to figure out how to get all these kids, the saw, the dog and the tree out of the woods. It was a very funny sight and I'm glad that we didn't miss it this year.

Then that night we had a Lights Parade downtown, the kids really enjoyed and got
lot's of goodies. Then we had some friends over for Hot Cocoa and cider. And today we have been decorating the tree and putting up lights, and other decorations. I love the holiday spirit and the feeling of Holiday music and decorations going up. It's been a really nice couple of days off (Brent's Days Off).



Not much more says holiday cheer!
4 comments:
Cutting down your own tree is one of my favorite holiday traditions.
I love the story and I can just see all of you getting back to the car. Thanks for sharing.
How did I miss all these posts! So many fun things. I'm so glad you guys cut down your own three this year. That activity has been one of the most memorable from my childhood and from my married life. I'm glad you guys were able to do it. All the pictures of the girls were great -- I just love seeing them. THanks again for visiting on your way back. I tell everyone about our 'New Moon' experience with Brent. :)
I love the santa hat!! CUTE! SO fun to have a Christmas tree too! I love that tradition too! We will have to start that:)
oh! that sounds like so much fun! I know you were sad you didn't have a camera but it was fun illustrating it in my head.
Post a Comment