Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Projects too!



 The side yard is still a dirt patch but it sure makes a nice place for the dogs to roam and the kids to play and for a garden to grow.  Brent's made a dog house for the dogs in that lean too there and he made some garden boxes and our garden looks great this year, Yeah!!
 This is our girls playhouse!!!! I had the idea and the motivation for others :)  Thanks to Brent for building it, thanks to The Anderson's for the window and the wood for the door, thanks to me and the girls for priming and painting the base colors, thanks to Tina Terry for painting the beautiful artwork, I love the tree, flowers and Butterfly's!! I am still going to stain the door and brent's going to shingle the roof but overall I am happy with the house.  There is a sandbox inside and the steping stones outside have the girls handprints and names on them.

 Here is my beautiful Garden.  It could use some growth and and color editing but I am please that I didn't kill everything this year that things can grow from seeds and my willingness to wait for things.  Thanks to Cassie for my perennials.


 I made Doughnut holes for our trip to Canada.  I hate it when up pack food to save money and it doesn't end up doing that because they secretly don't eat the food you sent back and by the time you realize that it's not eaten the foods gone bad and they are hungry and grouchy and so are you.  So you end up having to spend more money on food along the way and counteracts the plan in the first place.  So I decided that making food we don't normally eat might help them actually eat what I pack.  Cross your fingers!
I made this taggie for Ella I must say she loves it!!

 This isn't a great before picture of this dresser but you can see that I really changed the color.
 I did a cream paint with a grown glaze to make it look atique and the put new knobs on it.
 This also isn't a great before picture of the table but you can get an idea.
I also did pretty much the same thing with this table that I did with the dresser except I also did a poly finish so it can be cleaned easier and wear better.  I'm glad it gave my table and dresser more years with us and saved me money thanks to Erica for letting be use her glaze and I guess Ruth too cuz it was passed from her.  Thanks to Cathy for the new dinning room Chairs.

No comments: