Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Summer Activities

 Little Scietists: Cool bubbles made with dry ice that they got to hold was awesome!

 They Dove for those rings and then had to bring them back to their teachers, I saw kota out their asking her teacher to help her find her ring she said she couldn't find it and so she was looking for it and then kota takes it out from behind her back and says, "Just kidding, Here it is!"
Swimming Lessons: Kota and Cloe they are great swimmers and can swim by themselves even in the ten foot, they went off the diving board without life jackets, cloe touched the bottom of the ten foot with her feet, lot's of learning!
 Paige had to do a lot of waiting and watching but she was a good sport especially when mom or dad took her to the gas station across the street for a treat. :)
 We've been playing out with water toys in the yard making our own little water park.  WE even had one day where we had tons of friends over and it was a blast.
Since Paige didn't get to do Swim lessons or t-ball we made sure she had other things to do like go to the park and we also went to open swim at least once a week.






 T-Ball season was fun Cloe and dakota played. Paige had fun with her friend Callie watching games and practices.  Cloe really did a great job this year I was so impressed by her progress and confidence from last year.  She played pitcher the first game and she got the ball almost every hit and threw it to first.  She also played catcher and did a good job there too.  Kota said, "Mom I don't like t-ball." I said "why not" She said, "Because I am so confused."    Poor girl thought she had it figured out and just kept running around the bases she didn't know that there was only supposed to be one person per base so they sent her back to second base where the second baseman wouldn't get off the base and then when the ball was hit she thought she was supposed to run the other way because they had her go backwards so she ran the opposite way.  They had a great coach you could tell that he enjoyed the kids and did really good excersizes with them he even brought water balloons to one of the pracitces and had them practice trowing with those, then they ogt to throw them at him. :)

Paige and Kota are doing a little scientist acitivty at the rec center.  Kota was excited all summer about it and she loves it. She said, "I'm going to be a cow girl and a science girl."  She's also been learning to read small books and told me that she loves to read. These pictures were from chemistry day where they made goooo and slime Paige finally decided to touch it even though she got messy.  She does not like to be messy the only place she doesn't really mind it is on her face because she can't see it.

Cloe is doing summer school. And the girls have also been doing horse riding lessons, they have been able to ride by themselves in the small round pen so that's been exciting and fun!

I did a presentation at the library about dance and showed them some dances too.  I taught a Hip Hop dance workshop this summer it was a lot of fun!  I also taught some dance history with my workshop and I one of the things that I taught about was Tap dance and how the african american started this dance.  I had an African american girl in the class and i could tell she was really interested and she asked questions about it, she was normally very shy.  Then later her church leader told me that she said during chruch that her god send was Tap dance she told her, "My dance teacher taught me about this dance tap."

Brent is busy Working, Golfing, and working in the yard and building the girls a playhouse I will update with pictures later.

Summer has been so busy! I packed the days full of activities and friends and School time! Paige keeps saying, "I like you teacher!"  We've been really enjoying Summer!

No comments: