I don't even know how to begin this post or where to start. I was heading to Casper Wednesday morning to go to my sister's Graduation I was leaving wednesday because brent started his four days of work and I wanted to get away from our new "house" So Cloe, Dakota, and I headed oiut on our Journey. I was about on hour on the road and the girls were in the back seat in their carseats. Dakota had just fallen asleep and Cloe kept asking me for things so I was reaching back to hand her something and I started trailing off the other side of the road so I tried to get us back on the road and I over corrected and I started sliding sideways and I tried to correct again and then we hit the ditch in the road and started rolling. We were in our truck the dodge dakota. I don't even know how many times we rolled it felt like forever. (Brent guessing about three times.) All I could think of as we were rolling were my girls in the back seat, the most horrible feeling in the world. THinking that they might be gone or that I might be. The truck finally rolled to it's tires and I took my seat belt off and looked at the girls. Cloe was in total shock but looked fine. I looked over at Dakota and she bleeding all over her forehead and I didn't know what to do. The side of the car that hit the worst was right above dakota's head and the window had shattered and spread all over her. She looked in a daze but I also knew that she had been sleeping so that could have had something to do with it. But she never cried and didn't make a sound I started to get her out of her seat because all I wanted to do was hold her and make everything better. I felt and feel so bad. Anyway, a guy stopped and told me to leave her, I told him to call 911 because I couldn't find my phone and he didn't have one so he went out looking for it, he saw the whole thing. Another guy stopped and called the ambulance I tried to stay calm for the girls but I had a hard time keeping it all in we tried singing songs. Cloe said, "Mom the car is broken...mom owies...Dakota is leaking....she needs a bandaid." I didn't even notice my own injury until Cloe pointed them out and the amubulance got there. They took the kids out in there car seats, and dakota was smiling at the people, I can't believe that she didn't even cry when they took her out and away from me (that's a first) The put my in a neckbrace and strapped me to a board and took us to the hospital I remember shaking and shattering uncontrollable and the image of the accident rolling through my head, Cloe kept asking me if I was ok and I said I was and I asked her the same, she said she was okay. When I knew that Dakota was ok was when I heard her laughing behind me. I can't believe I let this happen. At the Hospital we had x-ray's and cat scans and fortunately let us go that day. I couldn't get ahold of brent and I talked breifly to my dad in and out of service he called brent and told him all that he knew that I was in a bad accident and that dakota was bleeding, the police also called him and told him that the girls were ok, but when he got the hospital and saw me strapped to a board he was scared but hoped that it was just a precation. He checked to make sure that the girls were ok and then came over to me and won't admit that he was almost in tears, he joked and said, that he didn't know that I wanted a van that badly.
Anyway, the lord was with us that day and I know that he helped us survive it just makes me appreciate all that I have and my beautiful girls and I know how lucky I am. I still can't believe what happened and that we made it through.
Brent does have pictures but I don't have them right now. In the end I have a badly bruised and swollen left side, mostly where the seat belt was. Dakota has cuts and bruises on her head and a little swollen. Cloe has a small mark from the belt on the car seat and is really upset about the car accident. She keeps telling all drivers to slow down and wanting to hold my hand in the car and keeps talking about our bad and broken car and dakota's owies.
5 comments:
I cry everytime I think about the accident and again while I was reading the story. That must have been hard to write! Darren and I are SO SO SO SO SO SO SO glad you guys are okay and that there are only the bruises. It made me smile and happy that Dakota was flirting with the EMTs :).
I can not believe the felling you must have had. I would be pretty dang scared also. It is nice there were people there to help you so early! We are also so glad you guys are all ok. The Lord has been keeping all of our family safe lately!!!! We love you guys so much!! Steve and I are coming to Casper today for the weekend so we will be calling you to see if we can come and see you guys!!
I don't cry easily, but I nearly did when I read this! How heart wrenching! I am so glad you and your girls are safe. How horrifying. As a mother, that kind of thing is the stuff nightmares are made of. I can only imagine the thoughts running through your mind and the terrors you must have felt for your girls. Because, like any good mother, your thoughts will go first to your girls. Though I have also been in Brent's shoes and seen my spouse in the hospital due to an accident. My heart goes out to him as well. My prayers are with you and I hope you all recover quickly; both from your physical and also your mental injuries. Remember, the Lord loves you and with his help you can always endure! Congrats on your sister's graduation!
I forgot to tell when church is. It is 9am. If you didn't know, our real church is under construction (at mid way by the hospital). We now meet in the old 7th day adventist church....It is on Greybull river road. Just south of Greybull you go up a bridge over the rail road tracks. Next you pass a pallet place (on the right) The first road (that goes through, not a dead end) take a right and go about one mile. You will see it, it is the only bldg out there. It looks like a church. Give me a call if you need help.
I'm SO glad you guys are o.k. I am terrified that something like that is going to happen to me. I get scared too when Trevor is going somewhere with the kids and I'm not with them. I could not handle it if something happened and I wasn't with them.
Post a Comment