Dakota (It may look like she has bruises but I thought it was funny because the dirt on her face looked like football player paint or Indian warrior paint, take your pick.)
Family Home evening we enjoyed the sunbeam song (Cloe), a wonderful lesson about the temple (Dad), a game of duck duck goose(was supposed to be mom but Dakota started the game before I got to pick :), and chocolate chip cookies for dessert(Dakota). It never ceases to amaze me how much fun we have when we have a nice planned out family activity. Sometimes I am tempted to say oh we spend time together as a family all the time everyday or this is a good family home evening. But we always have more fun when we just do it right :). I am rejuvenated to having family home evening in a more prepared fashion. One of the hardest things for us has been Brent's work schedule because every Monday night just doesn't work when he's at work so we tried his first day off but that didn't always work because sometimes we hadn't had family meeting yet etc. etc. so the next thing we are going to try is Family meeting first day off and Family Home evening the second and I will be putting the scheduled days on the calender. So we will be working with brent's work week and not a normal week. Also knowing that I will probablly have to change this plan in the future as well :) when kids go to school or Brent's schedule changes...
Here is Cloe and Dakota just being Silly. They take things out of my donate pile (love to play with them once they are there) and they were playing train. Cloe would not stop making that face and Dakota had so many cute faces I could not get them all. (Stinkin' chair)
4 comments:
Cloe's face is AWESOME! Good for you for trying to do FHE -- I'm excited to get ideas from you. So far we've had impromptu lessons and always seem to have a 4 year old rolling on the ground...
Sounds Familiar!
I love cloe's face too! It's so funny... I can't stop smiling! :) You guys are fun!!
I admire you for trying so hard with FHE.It's easy to start thinking that it's just too hard to do with little kids and crazy schedules. We struggle too sometimes. Thanks for being a good example! (And it looks like you have a gangster in the making.)
Post a Comment