Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Bye Bye Binky

 Is it Just me or did Paige Morph into Barbie?
 Oh there she is!
She decided that she was ready to say good bye to her Binky in exchange for a Balloon to keep and one to let the balloon float away.  (we had been talking it over for weeks and reading about etc.) And after mommy had a melt down over a popped balloon and a closed store we continued to enjoy the good bye Binky activity.  Fortunately for her the Binky was too heavy to officially let the balloon loose this way so we played parachute with it in the yard for a bit and then she was ready to say good bye and she got to cut the Binky into the garbage and then she also got to keep her balloon.  I was worried for the few weeks ahead of sleepless night and was pleasantly surprised that the first night that the Binky was amiss that she did not cry or get out of bed once.  Whew, she must have been ready.  The sweetest thing though was that night I heard a faint sweet voice coming from her bedroom say once, "Binky." Like she was saying a sweet I'll miss you good bye to her Binky.

2 comments:

LeeAnn said...

Since I read this I keep thinking about Paige saying binky like that...so cute...

Krista said...

Congratulations Paige! No binky - woohoo ;) Your girls are getting SO big!! Hope you are all doing well :-)