Cloe has been complianing about her Knee hurting for about five months and after about two months we went to see the doctor and he didn't find anything wrong so we took x-ray's and they couldn't find anything then we had to go see the bone doctor and he had more x-ray's done and still nothing and then they finally decided to go aheasd with a MRI and a Bone Scan. So last Tuesday Cloe went in for the procedures. Poor thing, she had to get poked three times for the IV they had to put her to sleep to get the procedures done.

I gave in and let her have a pacifier for the days events. We had along day but she was stoked about the popsicles afterwards. She did give the nurses a hard time though because they didn't have blue popsicles, so they searched all over the hospital and finally found one for her.
Now for the results. Well, the doctors could not even believe what they found so don't be surprised if you don't either. So, I have a two year old with a torn meniscus in her knee. The meniscus is usually in a half moon and hers is stuck in a whole moon shape and torn too. They really don't know what to do right now. The doctor does not have equipment small enough to do a knee her size. He is going to talk to a pediatric doctor about it, who he said will probablly not believe it either. If the doctor in billings can't do it either we might be looking at going to Salt Lake or Denver.
I guess the lesson is that two year olds do know what they are talking about.
8 comments:
Let us know what we can do. That little picture of Cloe just makes me want to hold her. I'm glad you finally found out something. I'm glad you kept at it.
Oh my goodness, I can't believe that. If you need any help let me know. I'm just shocked!! I'm glad you got it figured out.
That is so crazy. Poor Cloe! I always worry that I'm going to dismiss something my kids complain about as nothing. Hopefully Billings can handle it. Do you have to do anything special with her right now so it's not damaged more?
Oh I didn't ask that Trish, they didn't say anything, maybe I should ask.
I bet they would have said something if you were. I was just thinking that it would be so hard to keep a two-year-old from doing things. :o)
The pic is so cute and I would have given in to the pacifier too.It will work out and someone will be able to do the procedure. Good luck with everything!!!
Oh my goodness! You were right, there was no way I could guess, but I'm glad it is just the meniscus and not some of the other things I was thinking... (You are the mom so I won't share what those other things were.) I'm glad they figured it out! Please keep us posted!
A torn meniscus, what has that two year old be doing? Only Brent's kid... :) We sure love you guys!
Wow, Lindsay. I'm sorry to hear about that. I hope that all goes well for Cloe. Doesn't sound like fun at all.
Post a Comment