
Dakota is getting to be such a big girl, she loves to figure things out on her own. She also loves to eat by herself. I'll try to feed her and she won't eat, the minute I put the silverware down she starts eating. Which just means lot's of clean up for mom. Today she looked like she was pooping in her pants and then finished so I wen to change her and she hadn't gone potty yet so I kind of just teasingly asked if she would like to go on the potty she said her, "yahhhh" blah talk quikly tried to get up and go to the potty. So I sat her on there and she had her first poo on the potty. Yeah Dakota! :)

Cloe is really having a hard time getting on her pants. Poor girl she wants to do things so badly by herself. I'll say Cloe let me help you and she says, "I want to do it." After trying for awhile she will finally let me help her. I love that story in the recent Ensign about the little girl trying to help her mom bring in groceries. She tried to pick up the milk jug but was having trouble so her mom kept asking her if she could help but she insisted on doing it herself. This is so much like how our Heavenly Father desperatly wants to help us and relieve us of burdens, it's just that sometimes we won't let him. We want to do it ourselves, it reminds me of how I am still like a small child in many ways. :) Anyway, the child finally gave in and let her mom help her. Her mom picked her child up and still let her carry the milk in her arms. That is similar to how our heavenly father also still wants us to do things on our own with his help. I really liked that article so I thought I would share. It also reminded me of my sweet daughter trying to do things for herself.
5 comments:
So cute!! You are so right. Once we get older we think we should do everything by ourselves, but is no different than this. Thanks for the post! Love you guys.
fun! Big girls. :) and your camping trip looks so fun too! I love you a lot! I always love reading your posts. :)
Ahh! That picture of Cloe is hilarious!!! Cute.
Isn't that "do it myself" stage frustrating!! :o) I keep telling myself it's for their own good and I will be happy later if I just let them. Did you girls get colds or did they have allergies on the mountain?
Such cute girls. Yea for Dakota going potty in the toilet! I loved the milk story -- thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Post a Comment