We had a really good Family Home evening at Grandma and Grandpa Casey's. Cloe had the song but couldn't make up her mind until after we sang popcorn popping, then she wanted to sing twinkle twinkle and I think there was another one too. Then we had to say let's do the prayer and lesson. Mom gave the lesson who Family, friends, and Stangers were. We had pictures of each and then also pictures of a hug, kiss, playing with friends, and stay away. We matched them up and talked about them. (Cloe thinks eveyone is her friend.) :) Then....now that I'm writing this I fear that we forgot the activity. Sorry Grandma, I don't know how we skipped the funnest part. But we did have fun driving around and eating McDonalds Ice Cream. Grandpa had treats. :) It was a fun evening.
Unfortunatly, Brent wasn't around to enjoy the evening. He left for the Academy the night before and with be in douglas until October 28th, coming to see us on the weekends. We miss him already. Cloe always says, "Daddy a." When she's sad or in trouble. He passed the PT test Monday morning. Which was consisted of the mile and a half, push ups, and sit ups. I wasn't worried. He did great, and is on to live another day at the academy, he is the squad leader this week and busy studying and getting to know the others there.
2 comments:
YAY Brent for passing the first test! Family home evening sounded fun, especially the ice cream part. :) At YW last night we had a 'safety' night and talked about some of the same things. I guess they are never too old to be told not to talk to strangers...
It's Ok that we skipped the activity. I was trying to decide what I wanted to do. Then Curt just took over so I didn't worry about it any more. We're glad you came, it's really quiet in our house today. I miss the little people.
Post a Comment