
When LeeAnn was on her mission she told us about a family who does christmas everyday in december as one of their traditions. I thought this was really neat so I wanted to start it. This is our third year. At first I thought it sounded like a lot of work but fun but it ended up making things a little easier and being a lot of fun. We try to do at least one Christmas thing each day.
So far we have been:
1) Doing the Advent Calenders and drinking hot cocoa
1) Doing the Advent Calenders and drinking hot cocoa
2) Putting up Christmas lights and getting our tree
3) Decorating the house and tree for Christmas
4) Listening and singing christmas carols and dancing too
5) FHE: I had been asking the girls about what they wanted for christmas and so we talked about what gifts we could give to others for christmas
6) Reading Christmas Books and watching christmas movies
7) Christmas Shopping
8) Making and Ordering Christmas Cards
9) For School time we are learning numbers and singing and doing coloring pages for the twelve days of Christmas. Cloe is Counting to twelve and can write number one on her own and trace the number two.
Here is what we plan for the rest of the month:
- More Movies and books, including Mr. Kruegers Christmas, and singing
- Talking about the story of Jesus's Birth and acting it out and reading about it in the scriptures
- Making Chocolate covered Pretzels, muddy buddies, and yummy cookies
- Delivering goodies to friends
- Making Paper Snowflakes
- Gingerbread Houses
- Wrapping gifts
- Christmas Crafts
- Doing a service for someone in need
- Send Christmas Cards
- More Shopping
- Christmas/ family picture
- See Santa and attend the Ward Christmas Party
Merry December! :)
2 comments:
awe. I didn't know you were doing that? Sounds like lots of fun! my roommates and I strung popcorn for our tree on Saturday! that was fun... :)
Great list! I love the idea of doing something to celebrate everyday. Definitely take pictures! Cloe looks so cute in front of the tree and with the stockings. So cute!
Post a Comment