Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Some is better than none

So here are some of the fruits of our labor one of my favorite things that we planted was the grape tomatoes. They are great on salads and to snack on even Cloe ate a whole pile of them before I could even get them in the salad. I learned an important lesson in the garden that morning as we were picking off tomatoes. Some of the tomatoes weren't good and I had to get rid of them and I started to think that it wasn't perfect because I didn't have all of the tomatoes. Also the girls were picking off some of the green ones which didn't even have a chance to grow yet. But then I thought about how our Heavenly Father knew that even he wouldn't get all of his children back. I also thought about the story of the wheat and the tares and that he would also get some wheat with the tares. So really what I thought was perfect really isn't perfect at all it's knowing that I'm going to always be learning and growing and changing everyday that is the plan of Happiness. And then I had to be happy because we had a lot of tomatoes. I also had to remember my father-in-law reminded me when weeding the garden that not only did I not have to get all of the weeds when weeding that getting one everytime I came outside would help and that would be better then nothing and also that I might get some of those flowers when I weed too but I still have some flowers (even after the ones the girls picked too.) I just love those analogies and they really helped get the point across to me that SOME IS BETTER THAN NONE and having ALL is NOT PERFECT.

3 comments:

Brenny said...

You are awesome. I SO needed to hear that today. Thank you for sharing and enjoy those tomatoes!

LeeAnn said...

man... I really wish there was an I like button right about now... you know like on facebook... oh wait you don't have facebook... and now instead of just pushing a button I made a really long rambling unimportant comment that has nothing to do with how seriously awesome this post is. :) I love you!

Trish said...

Thanks for sharing this!