After coming back to Casper I've realized that there are lot's of things I really did miss and lot's of things that I didn't.
1) Shopping: Tons of places to shop, tons of deals, tons of options
2) Activities: things like the pottery we did and the swimming pool with tons of fun slides
3) Garage sales: there are just more of them
4) Eating out: wait a minute this one should be number one, my favorite thing to do
Here are the Cons:
1) Too many People: people are crowded around every corner there is no escaping them
2) Too much traffic: everywhere you go there are cars driving too fast or too slow or on all sides of you and not to mention the high number of traffic lights
3) Too many options: this sometimes is looked at as a positive but in my case it means that making a decision takes ten times longer
4) Limbo: In our case this means that we are living but don't have a set place or routine down which is always a negative wherever you live
Here are the Positives of a small town:
1) Activities: there are fewer options but the ones like fishing, camping, beautiful walks, community events are really good
2) Not a lot of people: Sometimes you can go to the store and be the only one there
3) Spending less money: I don't have the places to spend money so I spend less
4) Slow pace: It's less stressful
Here are the Cons of a small town:
1) No housing: for obvious reasons
2) Everyone knows everyone: It's time to kick the gossiping to the curb :) It's funny though I say more how I feel then I used to but instead it's to the right person
3) Less options for kids sports and activities
4) NO OPTIONS for lots of things: you name it I'll tell you if it's a yes of a no way
4 comments:
It's interesting how there are cons and pros wherever you live. I know how you feel.
Great list. You are right, there are always pros and cons.
I miss Powell but I could never go back to an area that small. We kind of have the best of both worlds here. We live in Ozark (10,000 people) and it has a very small town feel but 12 miles away is Springfield (450,000)
So my vote is small town near (within 20 miles) a big town, NOT small town 100 miles to the nearest big town. :)
Although Powell is much closer to a temple than we have. :( We're 3 1/2 hours to St Louis.
Post a Comment