Sunday, January 25, 2009

My Way

This is Cloe and Dakota finding a creative way to take a nap, in their dresser drawer. :)

So, normally I tell the girls when they get into trouble something like this, "If you play in those drawers again you will go to the naughty spot." My girls do not like their time outs so it works pretty well for most behaviors. (It's hard to tell them no when they are so cute sometimes. :) There are those times of independence when my children want to wear dresses without tights out into the snow or not wear a coat or pick out a mismatched outfit. With which no punishment is required but maybe a lesson in fashion and not getting sick. Dakota has decided that after she takes a bath she does not want a towel and wants to go straight from the bath into her pajamas. I first attempted to dry her off anyway kicking and screaming but my patience soon wore off and that got old, the next try was to give her her way and try to put on pajamas that were sticking to her body and she'd scream because she couldn't get them on etc. so I went back to the kicking and screaming. Brent was helping with baths the other day and he decided to get out the blow dryer and started blowing air at her and then she ran for her towel and embraced it with open arms. So the choice was blow dryer or towel. Towel won over and I hope I will not be having this fight for awhile. :) Sometimes a good creative way will do the trick. I'm glad that Brent is an outside of the box kind of thinker.

3 comments:

LeeAnn said...

thats hilarious!!

Brenny said...

That is awesome!

Ruth said...

Linds... I am really lol over here. Brent does think outside the box!! Hair dryer or towel.. hummm.... WAY TOO FUNNY!!! I hope Steve is a problem solver like that someday!! :) That makes it fun and not just frustrating:)