Thursday, April 30, 2009

Life is Good

Uncle Steve and Aunt Ruth came to town. We are very lucky that Ruth's family lives here too because we get to see them more. The girls had a blast with them. I think they wore out Uncle Steve. It was nice to have some other entertainment for the girls.

Paige, Cloe, and Dakota. I am one lucky woman. I have truly been blessed to have these children in my life. Everyday posses new trials and learning experiences. I hope that I can do a good job teaching these girls about life and to have a good outlook on life. I'm not always the most optimistic person so I'm also teaching myself about having a more optimistic view too. :)

Lately Dakota has been refusing to do what I asked her to do, she'll say no and continue what she is doing. It's funny though when I decide to ignore her, I'll turn back around and she'll do exactly what I asked and she'll be saying, "Okay mommy" without me saying anything else. I guess she's the self-motivating type. :) Dakota has also been changing her clothes on her own a couple times a day. It amazes me that she can do this all by herself, it also makes me laugh when I try to figure out how in the world she got her undies on in such a jumble. She is so independent, we went to chucky cheese awhile back and while I was helping Cloe get her token in the slot and help her play the game Dakota had gotten her token in the slot and was playing the game all by herself and got a lot of tickets too.

Cloe is also being super helpful. She's been picking up her toys and helping me set the table and feed the dog. She's really been concerned about brushing her teeth lately and never forgets. She's very concerned about getting a whole in her teeth. I told her that once and also there is this song about a girl named ruth on PBS online that talks about how Ruth forgot to brush her teeth and got a whole in her tooth. It's so cute Cloe always turns to me and tells me about Ruth and her Cavity after she listens to the song. I love how she tells me stories and wants me to "talk with her markers" (They're almost like dolls to her) and color with her. It amazes me how much children love to spend time with their parents.

Paige is holding her head up by herelf and even making stiff standing legs when I hold her up. She is a strong baby, which I already knew because I felt her kick me. I think my insides were bruised from her. She is also a very gassy baby on both ends all the time. In fact when she is grunting and uncomfortable, she has to either burp or fart or have her diaper changed. She is quite the grunter and squirmer too, which is okay because I think she would be crying more if she didn't grunt.

4 comments:

Brenny said...

You have great girls! Thanks for sharing the stories. All of them have such personalities, and it is nice to get a glimpse even though we are so far away. THanks!

LeeAnn said...

hahaha... I love your description of Paige... I can't wait to meet her! You do have the greatest girls ever!

Ruth said...

We always have sooo much fun with you!! We love you guys. Btw, Steve had a guy at work want to do a shift trade. Steve is going to see if he can get the guy to cover the Sunday of the blessing so we can come. We will see, but I really hope so!!

Michelle said...

I've been feeling the same way about my kids lately: Grateful to have them and always happy to watch and learn from them. You do have three cute kids!